The life of a fashion, music and food fanatic on her Year Abroad in Madrid.

Saturday 20 April 2013

Go Car










Go car is an innovative car hire company in Madrid, Barcelona and Lisbon.  
I would love to say that it was completely my idea to hire out these cars, but I actually saw them on Geordie Shore. (no shame)

It cost us 24 euros each (including insurance) to use the cars for an hour, but you do have to pay a 300 euro deposit. The car has an inbuilt GPS system and the tour guide is a rather amusing woman, who tells you about the various sites as you pass them, 
It wasn't until we sped off from the starting point, that we realised that we may actually be risking our lives... I won't give details as I don't want to scare my mama, but all I'm going to say is that there were a few moments where we may not have got our 300 euro deposit back...The taxi drivers absolutely hated us, motorists laughed at us, and the pedestrians absolutely loved us. Chatwin and Mia were the designated drivers, whilst Sarah and I got bevvied (as the Scottish would say!)
We decided to take the most popular tour, which included Las Ramblas, Barrio Gótico and the beach. Las Ramblas was probably the most amusing, as we beeped at the pedestrians and waved to our adoring fans. There is an option to hire the cars for longer than an hour, but I think an hour was just enough time to see everything. 

If you want the ultimate sightseeing experience with a quick, fun filled tour of Barcelona then I would thoroughly recommend using Go Car. 

1 comment: